The NHFMA is organized as a standing committee of the New Hampshire Stories, Inc., a New Hampshire Nonprofit Corporation . NH Stories, Inc. is an IRS recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. NH Stories does business as NH Made and uses the website, NHMade.com.
The mission of the NHFMA is to educate the general public on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle acquired through locally grown agricultural products. We are dedicated to helping consumers understand the economic, social and ecological benefits of this lifestyle for themselves as well as for local farmers, growers and producers. The association seeks to educate local producers on best management practices and common operating procedures through a variety of means including workshops, seminars and multi-media.
The NHFMA will work to provide the educational assistance, support and training that local producers need to provide healthy food in an ecologically sound manner. Through education and member participation, the NHFMA strengthens New Hampshire agriculture.
The benefits of eating and buying local
- locally grown and produced food is fresher (if asked, consumers know and agree with this)
- you know where your food comes from and who grows it
- by buying locally you help support local farmers and keep working farms profitable
- you help preserve working farms and our rural landscape (productive farms preserve our high quality of life in NH)
- your money stays in and supports your local community